Charity screenings of Bond films to pay tribute to Sir Roger Moore

Sir Roger Moore is to be remembered with a series of special screenings of two of his James Bond titles.
Producers of the Bond films EON Productions, American film studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) and film distributors Park Circus have announced that newly restored versions of The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only will be shown at select cinemas around the globe.

Sir Roger died in Switzerland on Tuesday at the age of 89 after a short battle with cancer.
Half of all the proceeds from the screenings will go to Unicef, the charity which Sir Roger supported over a number of years as a Goodwill Ambassador.


Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, of EON Productions, said: “In honour of Sir Roger Moore, we are delighted these Bond screenings will benefit Unicef, which was the charity closest to his heart.”
So far cinemas due to show the films from the end of May include those from the Odeon chain in the United Kingdom, AMC Theatres in the United States and Hoyts in Australia.

MGM chairman and chief executive officer Gary Barber said: “Sir Roger Moore left an indelible imprint on audiences worldwide. There is no better way to remember Roger’s legacy than bringing back his iconic performances as James Bond to cinemas across the world while aiding Unicef, the charity he steadfastly supported.”
newsandstar.co.uk

James Bond: Sir Sean Connery remembers Sir Roger Moore with touching tribute

Sir Roger passed away on Tuesday at the age of 89, following a short battle with cancer.Tributes from fellow James Bond actors have poured in and now the original star himself has spoken out.

Sir Sean released a statement to Entertainment Weekly, fondly remembering his long friendship with his fellow knight.
It read: “I was very sad to hear of Roger’s passing.”
Sir Sean continued: “We had an unusually long relationship, by Hollywood standards, that was filled with jokes and laughter. I will miss him.”

Connery passed on the Bond baton to Moore in 1973 after starring in six 007 movies.
Meanwhile Pierce Brosnan called Sir Roger “magnificent” and Daniel Craig made reference to his 1977 film The Spy Who Loved Me, writing “Nobody Does It Better.”
express.co.uk

Sir Roger Moore dead: James Bond actor dies aged 89


James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore has died aged 89, his family has confirmed.In a statement posted on the actor’s official social media accounts it was revealed that Moore had passed away in Switzerland after a “short but brave battle with cancer”.
Moore was the third actor to play British secret agent James Bond, in seven feature films released between 1973 and 1985.
“The love with which he was surrounded in his final days was so great it cannot be quantified with words alone,” his family’s statement continued.

“We know our own love and admiration will be magnified many times over, across the world, by people who knew him for his films, his television shows and his passionate work for UNICEF which he considered to be his greatest achievement.

“The affection our father felt whenever he walked onto a stage or in front of a camera buoyed him hugely and kept him busy working into his 90th year, through to his last appearance in November 2016 on stage at London’s Royal Festival Hall.

“The capacity crowd cheered him on and off stage, shaking the very foundations of the building just a short distance from where he was born.
“Thank you Pops for being you, and for being so very special to so many people. Our thoughts must now turn to supporting Kristina at this difficult time, and in accordance with our father’s wishes there will be a private funeral in Monaco.”
independent.co.uk

Reports that Barbara Broccoli is busy on other projects, not waiting for Daniel Craig

Producer Barbara Broccoli is not waiting around for him to “get off his arse,” to start making Bond 25 according to a report in Page Six today.The column explains: “Broccoli was at dinner at the Chateau Marmont with other high-profile filmmakers on Tuesday, and pals said she’s not sure when the next 007 film will shoot.”
“She’s busy producing two other films and a play, including the London hit “The Kid Stays in the Picture,” which is expected to head to Broadway next.”

Although there were rumblings of Christopher Nolan’s potential involvement a few days ago, Bond 25 does not have an announced director and writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade only started on a new treatment in early April. Throw into the mix the non-Bond projects that Broccoli is pursuing, it’s now highly implausible that any filming Bond 25 will start this year. Whether Daniel Craig is sitting on his arse or not.
mi6-hq.com

007 news in italiano in una sezione speciale del blog

A breve su lecercleclub.com torneranno le news di James Bond in italiano in una sezione dedicata all’interno del blog. L’home page resterà con le news solo in inglese.

Soon on lecercleclub.com will return the James Bond news in Italian in a dedicated section within the blog. The home page will remain with the news only in English.-